50 Days until I'm 50: Day 1

I know my faithful five or six readers have been waiting breathlessly to see what I would do to lead up to my birthday. Well as I said last week, I'm not an artist or particularly talented but what I do have is an intense love of the word of God. You guessed it. . .I'm going to shared my 50 or more favorite scriptures with you. As I was compiling my list I ended up not being able to narrow it down to only 50 so this will be my favorite scriptures shared in 50 days. These will be in no particular order but today's scripture(s) are my favorite of the favorites.

Drum roll please! John 14:27 "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." 
I discovered this scripture during my high school years. I think I had to find a spiritual thought for seminary, opened my scriptures and there it was. But this scripture, and others about peace, have had a profound and lasting effect on my life. Through the years I have come back again and again to this scripture and others like Philippians 4:7; D&C 121:7-10; Helaman 5:47; D&C 122:7-9 that deals with the influence of peace in our lives. These scriptures speak to my soul. Isn't it interesting that in a world so filled with turmoil and conflict that God gives us peace? And where do we get this peace--from "faith in my Well Beloved" (Helaman 5:47). No matter how difficult my life has been (and it has been!) as I have turned to the scriptures and my Heavenly Father, I have found peace.

Comments

Kathy said…
Thank you! This will be a treat. I look forward to the next 49.

Julie J. said…
What a great idea. I love it!
Sandy said…
You are a great strength to me Alicyn. I look forward to them. I have my favorites too, mostly those that we had to stand and recite in MIA. They really stick with ya.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wonderful! What a great record for your family too.
Becky said…
So true! Peace is such a rarity in this world. Such a strength when we call on it.

Awesome Idea! I'm so excited!

Popular Posts