50 days: Day 2

This is probably my second favorite scripture of all time: Moroni 9:25-26 "My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever.
And may the grace of God the Father, whose throne is high in the heavens, and our Lord Jesus Christ, who sitteth on the right hand of his power, until all things shall become subject unto him, be, and abide with you forever. Amen."

This scripture came into my life during a time of trial--not a particularly difficult trial--but a trial that weighed me down. The scripture hit me right between the eyes and I felt, maybe for the first time, that the scripture was talking directly to me. As I read it, I heard, "My daughter, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things thou are worried about grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ life thee up." The tears came to my eyes as I realized again how I am loved even when I don't feel it. What better gift to receive from a loving Father!

Comments

Popular Posts