50 days: Day 5

I discovered this scripture relatively recently. I love Isaiah but don't always go there for my regular reading. I was at a Time Out for Women event and one of the presenters shared this scripture. It immediately touched me and I've committed it to memory. Isaiah 43: 1-3 "Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee; when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior."
This scripture came into my life when I was going through tremendously difficult challenges. I was passing through water, rivers and fire and was feeling drowned and burned in so many ways. This scripture was balm to my wounded soul. Again, the Lord answered my pleadings, calmed my heart and gave me hope for a better time. Whatever trials we face, there is a scripture to provide comfort.

Comments

Popular Posts