50 days :Day 4

I have had this scripture memorized since my seminary days. 
(Brief interruption for a plug for seminary. I went to the "real" seminary--6AM, five days a week. My dad told me if I went for three years, I could choose whether to go or not my fourth year. Well of course after going for three years, I was going to go for one more year and earn my four year certificate. I went many a day in my slippers and jammies. My poor seminary teachers--I was a smart alec handful--I'm surprised I haven't been called to teach seminary yet as pay back. Anyway, going to seminary is probably the BEST thing I did as a teenager. It provided a firm foundation of gospel and scriptural knowledge that has lasted a lifetime.) 
Back to our regularly scheduled blog post: My favorite scripture mastery scripture is 1 Nephi 3:7, "And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them." Not only is this a great scripture but it's a great Primary song: Nephi's Courage. Check it out! This scripture gives me great courage to do the things the Lord wants me to do.

Comments

Popular Posts