50 days: 9 to go

This scripture shows one of the promises attached to scripture study. Jacob 2:8, "And it supposeth me that they have come up hither to hear the pleasing word of God, yea, the word which healeth the wounded soul." My soul has been wounded many times and each time I have turned to the scriptures my soul has been healed. 

Along with this scripture is Mosiah 2:9, "And these are the words which he spake and caused to be written, saying: My brethren, all ye that have assembled yourselves together, you that can hear my words which I shall speak unto you this day; for I have not commanded you to come up hither to trifle with the words which I shall speak, but that you should hearken unto me, and open your ears that ye may hear, and your hearts that ye may understand, and your minds that the mysteries of God may be unfolded to your view."

When we read the scriptures or listen to the words of the prophets we must open our ears to hear, our hearts to understand and our minds that the mysteries will be unfolded.

Comments

Popular Posts