50 days: 13 to go

We're getting close to my birthday and most of the next few scriptures come from my favorite book of scripture: The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Today's scripture is 2 Nephi 25: 23, 26, "For we labor diligently to write, to persuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do. And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins."
As an English teacher I notice good writing techniques. This scripture shows that right near the beginning of the book, Nephi tells us his purpose in writing. It's always important to let the reader know the purpose of the writing. I also believe that as a parent, this should be my purpose in everything I do--to persuade my children to believe in Christ.

Comments

Popular Posts