In Which I Ponderize

If you're LDS you know what the word ponderize means and where it comes from. For those who aren't or just want to read the talk again, it comes from a talk by Devin Durrant at the most recent LDS General Conference Click Here for the talk. Basically to ponderize means to choose a scripture to ponder (80%) and memorize (20%). The speaker challenged us to do this with a verse of scripture weekly. I took that challenge. I'm not promising I'll blog about my verse every week but I'll try. My verse this past week is Isaiah 43:1 But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.

I have really been thinking about the part that the Lord knows me by name. As a teacher one of the first things I do is learn all my students' names and call them by name. It makes them feel special that I know their name by the second week of school. How much more wonderful is it that the Lord knows each of us personally? That simple knowledge makes it easier for me to follow Him and keep His commandments.

Onto week two...what's your verse?


Comments

Popular Posts