In which I address the News Media

Dear News Media and Liberals,
When there's a mass school shooting DO NOT release the name of the gunman. My heart goes out to his family and I'm sure there might have been something in his past that led him to the point of no return. But I don't want or need to know anything about him. In the evil world in which we live, these shootings tend to be contagious so releasing any information about the perpetrator only stokes the fire  of like-minded individuals who desire their 15 minutes of fame albeit posthumously. Also do not spew the knee-jerk propaganda of gun control (I'm talking to you Mr. Obama). When there's a horrific plane crash no one ever suggests the banning of all airplanes. Same with car crashes or any other tragedy. We live in an evil world. Bad things happen to good people. We are the most blessed and prophecied about nation but the flip side of that coin is we are also the most evil nation. Bad things are happening and will continue to happen. Glorifying the perpetrators only fuels the fire of  other sick individuals. What I'd like you to report are the names of the victims. Let me have a name I can include in my prayers for our nation. Let me know about the lives of those whose lives were cut short. I'm not suggesting we sugar coat the world in which we live, but report the facts without an agenda. Focus on the victims. And let us focus on our families. This is what I'd like to know when these tragedies occur: the names of the victims, that's it.    http://www.buzzfeed.com/maryanngeorgantopoulos/here-are-the-victims-of-the-ucc-shooting?bftwnews&utm_term=4ldqpgc#4ldqpgc 

Comments

Becky said…
Yes! Very well said. Yes! For heaven's but mostly for our sake, yes.

I love you a Aunt Alicyn.

Popular Posts