Where Did Summer Go?

I feel like life is whizzing by at warp speed. . .engage! It seems like just a blink ago I was finishing my third year at middle school. Then my stint with 4th and 5th graders kept me busy through the month of June. The first part of July brought some unwelcome news: my always bothersome knee had deteriorated to surgery levels. It had slipped out of place--no wonder the pain had increased tremendously! My usual remedy-a cortisone shot-would not provide the desired results. My doctor recommended immediate surgery--umm not gonna happen! I had to visit Jared and his family and then attend Judy's wedding in August. Ok, if my knee is that bad, I'll schedule surgery for the beginning of school. I have enough sick days; I can make this work. So, I let my principal know, got a sub lined up, filled out long term leave papers etc. etc. And then. . . Jordan decided to total my car in a roll over accident. Don't worry--Jordan is fine. We believe in seat belts in our family. But when the accident happened my organized composure fell completely apart and the thought of putting my body through surgery just put me over the edge. So I cancelled the surgery for August and plan to do it next summer after summer school. None of my kids better decide to get married, have a baby or otherwise have a major life event that requires my attendance for July and August next year. My knee has been doing tons better. I actually think it has slipped back into place. The pain is all but gone. I live in my knee brace and love it. I'm going to the doctor this week to make sure I'm ok to wait a few months and what I need to do to keep things working well. Of course the blessing Jared gave me didn't hurt my knee at all!
To finish the car story, he landed upside down in a ditch, the front and back windows smashed in. When I saw it, I couldn't help but think I was lucky to not be planning a funeral. Jordan said he felt like he was being held in the car by small arms wrapped around him. I'm thinking it was his future children saying "Be careful dad!" I was pretty sure the car was totalled and the insurance company agreed. They gave me a very fair settlement and I was able to purchase another vehicle. All's well that ends! And now I am looking at starting school in a little over a week. I will teach three sophomore, two senior and one newspaper class(es). I'm nervous about the newspaper class because technology wise I'm inexperienced with the layout design program. But I'm not one to shy away from a challenge. Stay tuned for details of Judy's wedding, sending Lindsey off to college, my first year as the newspaper advisor and the countdown to my big 5-0!
Four of my beautiful kids. . .wish Josh could have been there!

Comments

Sandy said…
Wowy, Zowy. So glad to hear your tyke is okay.
Kathy said…
That is a lot going on! Hope the knee will hold out for you.
Julie J. said…
I'm so glad he didn't die... And that your knee is feeling better. Good luck in the next few weeks with the start of school.
Studyvin Says said…
Thanks ladies, I appreciate all the support!

Popular Posts