Where did June go?



I can't believe how fast the summer is flying by. I finished summer school at the end of June and July came in with unbelievably hot temperatures. We were able to escape the heat of Missouri for a few days when we went to visit Jared's family in Wyoming. It was so cool (to us) that we bundled up a few times. The best was seeing the beautiful grandchildren and spending some time with them. I wish I lived closer!
Keith
Jake


Makayla
Roy
             


Mak loves her brother
Laney, Lindsey and her twin Makayla



Jordan and his buddy Keith
Big Yawn

Nathan and Laney joined us too!

Beautiful Wyoming

Jordan and his shadow Keith

Nathan did a great job with pictures
Photo: And he passed!Jared blessed Jake while we were in Wyoming and ordained Jordan a priest. It was a great visit. We were glad to be home and we brought some cooler weather with us.

After we got home Jordan passed his driving test. Previously he had passed a motorcycle riding course so not only did he get his car license but also his motorcycle license. He has been riding his dad's motorcycle. He thinks up places to go just so he can ride. He's just like his big brothers! As weird as it sounds all this driving didn't make me realize how much he's growing up. No, it was today at church when he was breaking the bread with the other priests that it hit me that my baby is growing up. I don't know why that image was more powerful than any other rite of passage Jordan has gone through lately but I was very struck with how fast time is going and how little time I have left with my kids at home. I feel like I'm starting a series of lasts. . .not sure how to handle all this.

Comments

Kathy said…
When you figure out how to handle it - let me know.
:-)
Looks like it was a nice beautiful trip.
Julie J. said…
It seems to me like your kids have grown up fast... And as always, I think Jared's kids look exactly like yours did. The boys and the girls. I love it!
Congrats to Jordan.

Popular Posts