The bread of life

Just a bit of trivia. . . the longest day of the year is no longer in June for the summer solstice. It was yesterday when we had parent/teacher conferences. We were at school until 9PM. We had a light turnout. . .it was nice visiting with the ones who came but it made for a very long day.
So today we didn't have school. . . yeah! And I decided to make bread. I don't make bread very often anymore because by the time I get home, I'm just too tired. It's very easy to make bread with my K-Tec mixer. But I still don't feel like doing it when I get home at the end of the day.


 When I get craving good ole homemade bread, I make a big batch. Today with all the dough, I made two loaves of bread, cinnamon rolls, regular rolls, and bread sticks. We ate beef stroganoff and bread sticks for dinner. YUM!
Before baking
After baking
I LOVE bread and it loves me. . . that's why my waistline never shrinks!

While making bread I was contemplating that the Savior is called the Bread of Life. It is true. It is only through the Savior that we can find true nourishment. It is a very apt comparison. I love when the scriptures make such concrete comparisons so we can understand in a very real way. Here's a link to a talk about The True Bread of Life

Jordan says I need to make bread more often. . . I'm going to eat a roll!




Comments

The Wells said…
When we were living at my mom's I made bread all the time. I have a recipe that takes about 8 minutes to prepare in a mixer, 25 minutes to rise, and then 25 minutes to bake. It is so good. I use it for loaves, rolls, and pizza dough. I just might need to make some tomorrow.
Sandy said…
I have always felt in my heart that if I was filled with the Spirit all the time I would not eat so much.

Popular Posts