New Year's Resolutions

I'm not big into New Year's Resolutions (NYR) but reading my niece's blog prompted me to blog about them. I really don't write down resolutions or goals--that's probably why I spend too much time watching TV, checking out Facebook, and playing Words with Friends. But every January, I really think I'm going to do better with BEING better. This January is no exception. I teach Sunday School (16-17 year olds--pay-back for my teen years!) and the course of study is the Book of Mormon. So I am excited to be studying the most correct book on earth again. I have decided to read the Book of Mormon everyday this year, and specifically to read it by April 30. Check out the Facebook page that gives reminders to stay on schedule. I have also decided (somewhat tongue in cheek) to give out more homework this year. I have also decided to track my spending better. Tracking my spending at all would be a tremendous improvement so really I have no where to go but up. So far so good with the resolutions! I am on track and have read the Book of Mormon everyday this year. I have given homework both days of school this new year. I have limited money until payday but at least I know that and have kept track of that. I also plan to go to the temple more this year, especially because we're getting a temple within 45 minutes of my house! YEAH, I can't wait. I'd like to blog more than last year but don't hold your breath on that one.


That's about it for my resolutions. I think I'll keep it easy and simple. I know I can keep the homework one so that will be a boost to any let down in resolve that might occur. Now remember, I didn't say I was going to grade all the homework, just assign it. . .shhhh, don't tell my students. But if I keep the Book of Mormon, temple and money resolutions, or at least don't quit trying with those resolutions, I will have a successful year. How about you? Any burning resolutions to share?

Comments

Sandy said…
I really hope you keep the blog resolution. I need that contact with you living so far away.
Kathy said…
Alicyn -

I have to confess, I found you sooner than you found me.

Thanks for the shout out. And good luck with your resolutions. I'm with Sandy - I'd love to read/hear more from you!!

Kathy

Popular Posts