I am so excited!


Right before we moved to this area, the church announced there would be a temple built in Kansas City. Last year ground was broken and work begun. The progress is amazing. We hear the temple should be done this fall with an open house and dedication probably in the spring. 
I've been following the progress online but this cloudy Sunday morning I took a drive out there. It is 42 miles from my door to the temple. That's less than an hour! 
It's been over 10 years since we lived that close to a temple and I am so excited I can't contain myself.
Welcome to KC, Moroni!


There's a huge Stake Center being built adjacent to the temple. The landscaping and street work are just gorgeous. Can you tell I'm excited?!


Comments

J. said…
OhmigoshOmigoshOmigosh!!!!I haven't been following it but thank you for posting this. we are every bit as excited as ya'll! I am amazed at the progress! it hasn't been but six months (i guess that's a while...doesn't seem that long)and the results are incredible! the opening cannot come soon enough! OKC is sooo far. we are so blessed to live in this time when we can have such close access. YAY!!!!YIPPEE!!!
Sandy said…
Thanks for blogging so I know yo are still alive. Your grandchildren look just like your children when they were little.
Becky said…
So exciting!!! I love the temple!!!

Popular Posts