Promises kept...finally!

Well as promised here are some pictures and update of Josh's marine graduation.

 Our first view of Josh came on the Moto Run--a run of about 2.5 miles. I could pick him him out because they didn't have their hats on. Check out the short-shorts!


Then they dressed up for the liberty formation. He's the last one in the 3rd row from the left.
 
 My marine in front of the eagle, globe and anchor--the only picture he wanted taken.
 All the gear before graduation. He learned how to pack!
 Graduation formation
 All graduated
 His next stop, after his 10 day leave, was back to Camp Pendleton, CA for Marine Combat Training. He loved throwing grenades and shooting huge weapons. Don't ask me to name the caliber of the weaponry. He might as well have been speaking Latin when he talked about the weapons. I'm just grateful someone else is willing to protect my freedom. He was able to come home (to Oklahoma) a few days before Christmas. He then visited us in Missouri for a few days. His next stop will be Pensacola, FL on January 3rd. He will be there for about nine months receiving training for his avionics education. He will be fixing equipment on aircraft.

At about the same time Josh graduated, Lindsey was in her school play "Rags to Riches." My sister Judy came to stay with Lindsey and Jordan while I went to San Diego.I was able to see one performance.  Lindsey did a wonderful job in the play and it was great to spend some time with Judy when I got back.
The actress and her biggest fans!

Our December continued the busy November. Jordan and Lindsey were in the WinterFest concert at school. They were both in the Jazz band and Jordan sang with the Junior Dragon Singers. He must have gotten my voice since I don't have one!

But he does have my expressions!
 
Time continues to fly by. I can't believe that in a matter of four short years all my babies will be graduated from high school. I'll try to be better at keeping this updated.

Comments

Julie J. said…
I can never believe how grown up your family is. Thanks for sharing the pictures and updates... And thanks for the Christmas Card. Love you!

Popular Posts