Pictures and more

As promised, pictures of nutcrackers, our Charlie Brown Christmas tree, Lindsey's curly do, winter in Missouri, my favorite daughters and my personal favorite: my girls and me!
Enjoy




We've had another eventful week since my last post. On my birthday, the school decided to celebrate by letting school out at noon and canceling the next two days. I'm sure the 7 inches of snow and below zero temperatures before wind chill had nothing to do with the decision.

The kids and I enjoyed our extended Christmas break. Laney was with us and we really enjoyed having her around. We enjoyed it so much that the wind started to howl which drifted the snow over driveway so that we thought maybe she'd be stuck with us. But once again a great neighbor plowed the driveway and allowed her to escape back to Norman. Before she left, however, she enjoyed our frozen pipes. We were all grateful to have running water restored after thawing and pipe repair. (I would not make a good pioneer.)

Saturday, Roy, our oldest grandchild, celebrated his 3rd birthday. It doesn't seem possible that he is 3 already. Where does the time go? I wish we were closer to see them grow up. Roy and Makayla will have a little brother or sister due in July.

Yesterday we spoke in church. We all had the topic of prayer and promptings. Jordan came down with the three hour flu so it was just Lindsey, Roy and me speaking. I think things went well and we're glad that it's over.

Tomorrow Lindsey will be 16. It really doesn't seem possible that my baby girl is old enough to drive and date. She will have her first date with her dad tomorrow night--Olive Garden--of course! She's also going out with a boy from the ward this Friday night. It's a double date but this boy has it bad for Lindsey so she might be joining a convent on Saturday if her dad has his way.

Comments

Sandy said…
thanks for the wonderful pictures and the updates. It is hard being so far away and divided by the frozen tundra. Great pictures of you and Roy. Tried to capture it but still working on that. Maybe you could send me the jpg by email.
Julie J. said…
Your daughters are SO beautiful!

Popular Posts