Moved but not settled

Holy Cow, I hate moving! The deed is done so that's the good news. The bad news is we have no room for all of our STUFF. We have too much stuff. In the past year and a half we've moved from a 3400 sq feet house (with a huge shop for Roy's junk) to first a 1900 sq feet house to now a 1300 sq feet house with a small storage shed. We are like Scarlet O'Hara trying to fit in her corsett after having a baby--it hurts! I don't think we can tighten the gurdle any more. I'm finding new ways to hide stuff under and behind things.
The good news is we are together (Roy, Lindsey, Jordan and me) for the first time in over 8 months. A married couple is not meant to be apart. Laney is going to summer school in Norman; Josh is still in Oklahoma, living with a wonderful family for his senior year; Jared has his own family in Wyoming. My family is growing up. It seems weird having only 2 kids in the house.
We are living outside a small town called Cameron. It's north of Kansas City right off I-35. We are not too far from Adam-ondi-Aman, Farr West, Liberty Jail and Independence. I never had any desire to move to Missouri to be near Zion for the millennium. But Roy's job brought us here and we found a really nice area to call home. It is really beautiful with green rolling hills and lots of trees. There are also lots of ticks but we have the marvel of Front Line for the pets. Hopefully we can get some debt paid off, sell the OK house and then build a house, garage and shop to hold all our STUFF. Notice how I don't say we need to get rid of stuff--at least not my stuff--only Roy's junk! Life goes on and it's now time to start the Missouri chapter of our lives.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sound Like ya'll are have so much fun! Hope all is well!

Love Jen
Julie J. said…
I'm glad to here you got there. Roy must be so happy too. Happy unpacking.

Popular Posts