Rediscovering Harry

Now that school's out I'm in the midst of packing up the house. There are few things I detest more than moving. I'd probably rather have dental work, clean a hundred toilets and wrestle a bear before I'd want to pack and move. But such is life! I force myself to pack for a few hours and then reward myself with a good book. I recently reread the 6th Harry Potter in preparation for the movie coming out in July. I enjoyed it so much that when I finished it I reread the 7th book. Now I'm starting over. I just finished The Sorcerer's Stone and am now in the middle of the 2nd book. I read the first five books aloud to my children. By the time the 6th and 7th ones came out, the kids were older and read them on their own and so did I. Now I've decided to read them all again on my own. I am really enjoying being in the world of Hogwarts. Speaking from an English teacher standpoint, the books are really well written. Lots of series lose steam as they progress but these don't. I also really like one of the main messages of the books--that we all have choices and our choices determine what we will become. So now I'll choose to keep packing and enjoy the journey that is life.

Comments

Julie J. said…
I LOVE HARRY!!!!!
I too will be rereading book 6 in thenear future. And then I'm sure 7 will follow and then I'll want to start over. I just can't help myself. I always threaten that I'm going to mark them up with color coded cross referencing and someday I just might do it!

Popular Posts