I have the answer. . . now what was the question?

So this is totally random but as I was thinking about this week being Easter, I realized that The Ten Commandments will be on TV this Saturday night. I love that movie. When I die, I expect that Moses will look like Charlton Heston. Thinking about the movie always makes me remember that when I was a kid we only got to see those blockbuster movies once a year when they came on TV. Yep, I'm old--pre-VCR days! We watched The Ten Commandments at Easter and The Sound of Music at Christmas. Will someone explain why "My Favorite Things" is a Christmas song? And why is the movie shown at Christmas? I don't remember any Christmas scenes. But anyway we always knew that movie was due to be shown in December. The Wizard of Oz and Gone with the Wind also came on once a year but I don't remember a specific time. We also could count on the Superbowl in January, Madness in March, Moses at Easter, World Series in October and Maria in December.
Now that these movies are on video and DVD, they don't seem as special to my children since they can watch them any time. And the Superbowl is now in February, Final Four in April and World Series in November. The world is not in sync anymore. . . .Wait. . . I think I'm on to something. . . .the current economic troubles can be traced to the devaluation of the crossing the Red Sea and tweaking the iconic sporting events. The president shouldn't be visiting with other world leaders. He should enact laws to preserve the heritage we've grown up with. I think I'll skip paying my taxes and apply for a job in the new administration.

Comments

Sandy said…
I think we should stop trying to be so diplomatic and solve all the world problems as the mesoamericans did. Play ball.
Isabel said…
Even with VCR, DVD and internet download - isn't it always fun to know that certain movies are shown year after year at the same time? I can't remember how often I've seen "Casablanca" on TV shortly before christmas... and I still enjoy tuning in when it is on TV (although I own an english and a german video version and a DVD of it). ^-^

Popular Posts