One Year Older and Wiser too!

I just celebrated my 25th birthday. Yes, I said 25. And yes to all who know that Jared, my oldest son, is 23. For some reason my age this year seems INCREDIBLY old. I'm usually not one to avoid or deny my age but this number is just old. (If you're curious, I was born in 1963 so do the math.) I did have a great day in spite of the aged number. Roy sent me beautiful flowers. And if that was not enough, the next day he sent me gorgeously beautiful chocolate covered strawberries.
My friend at work made me a yummy lemon cream cake. It's like the kind they have at Olive Garden--so yummy! I received a gift card from Judy, and Penney's was having a sale so I got more clothes than I thought I would. Yeah me! Other than a little arthritis in the knees, I'm not feeling old--the number just sounds old. I will probably wear black when I hit 50--yikes!

Little Roy's birthday was the 9th. He's two now. Lindsey's birthday was the 12th and she's 15. Another year and we'll have another driver and even higher insurance rates. Lindsey loves her birthday. She's got a ways to go before developing avoidance to birthdays. She counts down the days and then the hours until her birthday. She makes sure everyone around her knows how long it is until the magic moment. She was born ten days early probably because she couldn't wait until the due date. I always think of Disneyland around Lindsey's birthday because when I was 8 1/2 months pregnant with her I went to Disneyland with Roy on a business trip. I couldn't go on any rides except Pirates of the Carribean but it was closed so I walked around with Roy and waited at the end of the rides for him. The park wasn't crowded at all so the lines were great but I couldn't enjoy it. It was Disneyland that gave me the spelling for Lindsey's name. We knew we were having a girl and wanted to name her Lindsey but hadn't decided how to spell it. The Disney gift shop had personalized items and they spelled Lindsey with an "e" not an "a" so that's the way we spelled it.
We have several January and October birthdays in our family--not sure what that means other than the obvious but I think it's funny how some things like birthdays cluster together.

Comments

Sandy said…
Happy Birthday Alicyn. I guess you missed your free day at Disneyland this year on your birthday. Maybe they will extend it for the first part of 2010. We plan to go for ours in OCTOBER.

Popular Posts