Odds and Ends

Christmas vacation is almost over and I'm not ready to go back to school. I still have papers to grade. I was planning to tackle them the first few days but it didn't happen.
Roy's been home since Christmas Eve and it's been wonderful having him here. He leaves tomorrow after church. Probably in March he will start building our little bunk house so that Jordan, Lindsey and I can move after school's out. I'll try to update with pictures as often as possible.
We change times for church and have to go at 9 AM. I like early church much better but I'm afraid I'm going to have a hard time getting the boys up and going. I teach the 11 year olds in Primary. They are a lot of fun.
I didn't get much accomplished during the break. I finally cleaned the house--it needed it! But mostly we just hung out with each other. We went to see Valkyrie on Christmas Day. It was a good movie. Tom Cruise was better than I thought. On New Year's day we went to see Tale of Despereaux. I didn't read the book. Lindsey, Roy and Jordan said the book was much better--it usually is! I wasn't that impressed with the movie. They kept adding characters and I didn't understand how they were going to come together.
Roy and I celebrated our 25th anniversary. We went to Oklahoma City overnight. We'd never been to the bombing memorial so we went. It was very emotional. We could really feel the spirit of those who lost their lives. The outdoor memorial was very symbolic and fitting. We also went to the temple. I'm very lucky and blessed that Roy has stuck with me through 25 years of ups and downs.

Comments

J. said…
congrats on 25 years! the rawlinsons celebrated 25 over the holiday too! the okc memorial is incredible, in my opinion. clark misses all the boys that moved. he calls them "my boys". he was glad to hang out with them at the dance over new years.
Sandy said…
congrats on the 25 years. the ups and downs are what make the marriage exciting.

Popular Posts