Pleasantly Surprised


Twilight the movie is out. The best thing about Josh working at the movie theater is we get to see free movies. And even better than that . . . we got to see Twilight before the midnight release. That's right, Lindsey and I were in the theater with two other people at 9 PM before the "real" first show. I went to the movie expecting to be disappointed. I usually don't like the movie as well as the book. That is still true with this movie, but I wasn't disappointed. The chemistry between Edward and Bella on screen matched the chemistry of the book. I don't think there's any actor who could match my mental picture of Edward but then I imagined him a little older. Even though I know he's supposed to be 17, as a 40 something grandma, I couldn't get too hyped by a 17 year old actor--that would be too creepy! But I think the Bella actress was perfect. She managed to portray Bella's insecurities and awkwardness just right.
My female students at school have been very caught up in the Twilight frenzy so we're going to see it together the day before Thanksgiving. Most of them have seen it already but are more than willing to see it again. Lindsey is going to make the ultimate sacrifice and see it again too. Now that the movie's out, it's time to get back to real life--whatever that is!

Comments

The Wells said…
I did not want to be disappointed so I didn't set the bar too high. I was expecting a "Lifetime" movie. I was pleasently surprised. Allynn also read the books and she loved the movie, but she is 11. She wants us to go again.

Popular Posts