I know this is petty but . . . .

I'll say it right up front--this is a stupid thing to be annoyed about but I can't help it.
Background info: I've read all the Twilight books. I enjoyed them, and I will go see the movie. I don't hold out much hope that the movie will in any way be as good as the book. And tonight that prediction was strengthened because I discovered who one of the actors is. I already didn't like the choice of the Edward actor--he's not what I pictured. I'm not sure if there is an actor who would live up to my picture of Edward. Anyway, one of my favorite characters is Esme the mother. I identify with her of course. I found out that Elizabeth Reaser is playing Esme. For those of you who don't recognize the name--Elizabeth Reaser is the annoying actress from last season on Grey's Anatomy. She played Jane Doe/Eva, Alex's love after the ferry boat accident. She got a new face after the accident. I really don't know why but I found that whole story line with Jane Doe and Alex very annoying and the actress even more annoying. Then late last season her character had a hysterical pregnancy and went crazy--no more Eva--thank goodness! I don't like the way the actress looks or moves or talks--she just annoys me. I know it's crazy and irrational but there it is--one of my quirks. So I really don't think I'm going to like the movie at all. I know with the stock market melting down and children starving somewhere, this is a very trivial thing to be annoyed about but oh well! I probably should stop watching TV.
On another book/movie note: in a previous post I recommended The City of Ember. The movie was really good. They did a nice job bringing the story to the screen. It even prompted Josh to read the book--always a good thing in my book.

Comments

Becky said…
I totally know what you mean about not liking an actress. I cannot stand Elizabeth Banks! She is the worst actress ever! I've only seen her in two things but, I despise her. She cannot act!

Don't worry she's not in Twilight. But, I also don't have high hopes for the movie. Some of the previews look like a made for TV movie. And the Edward they chose...WHY!?!?!
Julie J. said…
I agree. That guy was fine for Cedric Diggory but he is ugly when compared to Edward. I personally prefer Jacob, but still. That Jane Doe chick has her own show now - I know I couldn't believe it either and it is awful because she has the worst facial expressions and she's just awkward. Matt kept calling her a five head. I didn't get it. He explained four isn't a big enough number to describe how big her forehead is!
KimberlyAnnRoss said…
you guys are so wrong about reaser..she is one fine actor. we are all so used to these 'faces'. reaser graduated from the juilliard school in nyc (they onlky take about 20 students per class) see SWEETLAND and you will be in love or for fun racy laughs see PUCCINI FOR BEGINNERS.
AND does onayone know if rob pattinson is going to be on the ex list..reasers new show/ kimmy
Sandy said…
She is the worst and I hated that story line in Gray's also. And now she is the lead character in the Ex List. A very raunchy show. don't watch it. In fact I may have to turn off Gray's. there is a new story line that I don't even what to go there.
Studyvin Says said…
Thanks gang for getting my pettiness. I don't think the Edward actor is good enough either. I had a waaaay better picture in my head.
The Wells said…
I totally agree. I was very disapointed to see that she was cast in that part. Last year when talk was first out about the movie, I saw production photos of Laura Linny as Esme. I thought she would be a good actor for the part. I am worried that the movie has been rushed to the screen. I also don't feel the James story line to be that much of the story anyway, but all the movie previews center on that.

Popular Posts