Hollywood got this one right!

I went to see "The Secret Life of Bees" over the weekend. It's nice having a son who works at the movie theater. We get in free. Now if I didn't eat the popcorn, it would really be free. Anyway, the movie was awesome. Dakota Fanning is a great little actress. Paul Bettany (from "A Beautiful Mind") played Lilly's father to a tee. And Queen Latifa (sp?) was great as Miss August the oldest sister. I absolutely loved the book and the movie did it justice. It stayed true to the story and captured the emotions as well.
Back to "Twilight" how are they going to capture the chemistry between Edward and Bella on screen? That's one thing the author really did well in the first book. And holy cow the chemistry on their honeymoon in "Breaking Dawn." I can't wait for more of my students to finish reading the whole series so we can talk about it in class. The poor loan boy in my 4th hour class!

Comments

Julie J. said…
I am so glad to hear that you liked the movie. I haven't seen it yet.. I've read the book twice and the second time was because I wanted my book club to read it. for the book club meeting I printed a black Madonna picture from the internet and taped it to the honey bottle. We had warm buscuits with butter and honey. It was fun. We talked about going to see it all together, but I'm not sure I can wait.

Popular Posts