Not Much New

I feel compelled to update my blog but I really can't think of anything to blog about.
I did just finish reading a pretty good book called State of Fear by Michael Crichton. It's about global warming. Actually it's about the lie called global warming. The premise of the book is that extreme environmental groups and the government have created the crisis of global warming to keep Americans in a state of fear so that we have to be dependent on the government. Crichton uses real statistics about global warming to show that the data can be manipulated to prove anything. He also raises the point that the scientists doing the research are working for certain organizations so their conclusions about the data can be manipulated as well. I'm not sure how I feel about the idea that the government is trying to keep us in a state of fear or that extreme environmental groups are using terrorism to cause extreme weather in order to prove their point but I do agree that the idea of global warming is absurd, that the data has been manipulated to show the conclusions wanted, and that the politicalization of science should be avoided. I'm not saying that we should destroy the environment but I think humans are pretty arrogant to think we really know what we're doing with the environment or that we affect it on the scale claimed. I think we should stop assigning blame to one party or another but should work together to find solutions.

Comments

The Wells said…
I read that book a few years ago and enjoyed it. Im with you, there is way to much going on to have created our world for humans to be the only reason ice melts.
Becky said…
I'm glad you posted and I like this it. I haven't read that book, but it sounds good and very thought provoking. Gotta add it to my reading list.

I agree with you...I'm all about sparing the air and cutting down on pollution, trying not to fill the landfills with things that will never go away, etc. But, global warming?!?!! I do think it has been blown out of proportion and context for political reasons.

Popular Posts