Update to our life

Well, again I'm not too good at this blogging stuff. I finished Twilight and New Moon by Stephanie Meyer. Now I'm slogging through Eclipse. I am having the hardest time getting through this book. I feel compelled only because I bought the books and want to find out if Bella becomes a vampire. Oh well.
The big news--Roy got a job in Kansas City, MO. He started a couple of weeks ago. He's living with an older couple in the area. He got hooked up with them through the church--gotta love Mormons! He is the director of software development for a computer company. So far he really likes it and we all hope this is the job he can retire with. When he got laid off last August, we promised Josh he could finish school here in Oologah. Well he's starting his junior year and it's going to be a LONG two years. I don't like being a single mom. If we can swing it, we'll see if Josh can live with someone here for his senior year. At any rate the kids and I are in Oklahoma through this school year. Lindsey will probably go to MO next school year either way. She wants to go on the big band trip to the Alamo bowl this December with her current band. When we do all move, we'll probably just rent out our house because I'm not sure how easy it will be to sell it. The prices seem higher in KC too so Roy might have to settle for town living again. He doesn't like our subdivision here even though we have an acre. He's still a country boy; he'd like to be able to raise a beef and pig every year.
We've all started school--about 10 days ago. I am teaching juniors again half day and am the librarian half day. It's really the best of both worlds. I've been working on ordering books for the library so that's always fun to order books with someone else's money.
We dropped Laney off at the University of Oklahoma in Norman last week. She starts school tomorrow. She's still planning on doing dental hygiene. She's really excited. I was very impressed with how organized the check in process was for new freshmen. The only annoying thing was seeing all the athletes get personal help with everything. We went to the bookstore to buy books and the athletes books were already set aside and piled up for them. Must be nice! Laney's living in the dorms. The campus is only about half as big as BYU so she'll be able to walk anywhere. The dorms are right across the street from the Institute building which is where the singles ward meets also. It will be a good experience for her to be on her own. Roy's new job in KC doesn't really affect her but she'd like us to be closer than 5 or 6 hours like when we all move. I think once she gets involved in college life, she won't care to come home as much.
Jared and Jen's second baby is due in October. We have lots of October birthdays in our family. They're having a girl. We'll try to go to Laramie at Thanksgiving for the blessing. Little Roy is really growing up.
Not much else to report. I'll try to be better about updating this. Pray for me and the kids on our own.

Comments

The Wells said…
We want to moeve to KC, MO with you. Jason is looking for work, is there any room for him with Roy?
The Wells said…
And my friend here in Reno, her parents are over the Employment Center in KC,MO. And I want to go to the Hallmark headquarters.

Popular Posts