New Book

So I just finished a GREAT book. It's called Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. I'm probably the last person to have heard about this series. I got hooked from my son, Jared. He called and asked if I had heard of the book written by a BYU graduate about a girl who falls in love with a vampire. Well that peaked my interest. I especially wanted to find how a seriously chick book could interest my 22 year old son. I got sucked in (no pun intended) to the story. It is very well written and I immediately believed the characters the author had created and I wanted to find out what happened. I read the first book in a couple of days. Now I've started the second book called New Moon. There's a movie coming out in December I think. I can't wait to see how they portray Edward.

I'm also struggling through Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. Lindsey needs to read it for her AP summer reading assignment and I'm reading it with her to help her answer the questions. It is a major struggle. I'm an English teacher for goodness sakes but I really can't stand Dickens. I love Hawthorne and Poe and can handle the difficult language but for some reason Dickens is different. I just want him to get to the point. So maybe Lindsey will be on her own with her reading.

Comments

The Wells said…
I read these books and had a great time. We are also looking forward to the movie. The actor that plays Cedric in the Harry Potter movies is going to be Edward.

Popular Posts