Yes, it's been awhile

Yea, I'm not great at this blog thing--too old I guess.

I'm feeling really old today. My oldest daughter is 18 today. Quite a milestone. She's a beautiful, talented young woman. She's been accepted to several colleges in Oklahoma and one in Missouri. She wants to either be a dental hygienist or a teacher--quite diverse. So she'd like to go somewhere where she can do either so that she doesn't have to transfer. She will graduate from high school in May.

On another topic I've been reading several books at once--again! We went to see The Other Boleyn Girl at the theater a few weeks ago. I really liked it. My husband said I owed him big time for making him sit through it. So of course I wanted to read the book by Phillippa Gregory. I am really interested in the Tudor period in English history. The book is more detailed than the movie--of course. I really like the story but I don't like the way it is written. One of the main characters is the narrator but can know the thoughts of the other characters which isn't what a first person narrator should know. It's just me the English teacher being critical.

The other book I've been sort of reading is Glenn Beck's An Inconvenient Book. I love Glenn. He just says it like it is about lots of stuff.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I LOVE THE PIC OF ROYBOY!!!!!!
Julie J. said…
I read The Other Bolyn Girl several years ago and I thought it was interesting but I don't remember becoming attached to any of the characters. A friend and I were going to watch it at the movies, neither of us wanted to talk our husbands into going, but we couldn't find it in a theater. So we plan on renting it when it comes out on video.

Popular Posts